Rover Com - Boarding dates changed

Boarding dates changed. Didnt have any problems. Great customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rover Com Dog Boarding.

Reason of review: Good customer service.

Customer made 1 call to the company using contacts on our site.
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 16.

Rover Com - Hired a dog sitter for 6 days; she never showed up. I lost my flight.

WARNING!! If you use ROVER.COM this can happen to you!

I booked a dog sitter from Rover.com to stay with my dog when I took a 5 day trip. I met the sitter first. She seemed nice and my dog liked her. I scheduled and paid for this service three months in advance.

I gave her a key to my home. I even stocked food for her stay, making every effort to ensure her comfort. I bought my round trip plane ticket and awaited the arrival of the sitter. She NEVER SHOWED UP.

She failed to answer any of my calls and failed to respond to any of my texts. My plane took off without me. I called every boarding facility I could to find a last minute arrangement and finally found one, thankfully, and then I had to buy another round trip flight. Extra costs for the second flight and extra boarding fees ran over $650.

The amount of stress I went through for hours waiting for the sitter who never showed up then frantically trying to fix this ... I would not wish on anyone. When I contacted Rover.com I was told that they would only refund my payment to them and offer me a $30 credit toward future service. They would not in any way compensate me for ANY part of my financial losses due to their failure to meet the contractual obligation of their online agreement.

After this experience, I would never book them again.

Since it is their policy that they will NOT compensate you for any losses associated with your engaging of their “service” and it is not made really clear up front that this could happen to anyone who uses them; I am going out of my way to relate my experience and maybe save someone else the horror and financial losses associated with trusting and using Rover.com. Feel free to share this post as a public service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rover Com Dog Boarding.

Reason of review: they do not compensate any loss.

Preferred solution: compensation for price of replacement for round trip ticket..

I didn't like: Would not discuss compensation for my loss, No matter your loss they only offer discount on next service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 28, 2017.

Rover Com - Rover.com dog sitter - Bothell, Washington

1.5

Dog sitter lost my dog on 2/18/17, Sitter had left my two dogs in her home while she did some errands, when she returned, she open her front door, my dog ran out, she enter her home and closed door behind her. Did not call or see where my dog ran.

It is a shame that she claims to have over 20 years of experience with dogs. but not with dogs being contained and secured in her home. Both my dogs are crate trained, i left her with the crate in case she wanted to use, did not use.

Beware of sitters that claim more then what they really can do. I am sure many of the of the pet sitters of Rover.com are qualified pet sitters, but i had to get the bad egg.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rover Com Dog Boarding.

Reason of review: sitter claims i could not prove her neglect to my dog, she was only interested to claim lost of pet sitter service for 4 months.

Preferred solution: pet sitter not to provide service, since since unable to move briskly, age related.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 24, 2017.